Harassment has been in the news lately in many forms, including bullying and cyberbullying. What you may not know is that harassment in any form can be considered a crime and you can be arrested for it.
At Bentley Law Offices, P.C., we understand how frightening it can be to be accused of any crime. We offer competent counsel and compassionate care. Our Reading harassment defense lawyers stay up to date on the many ways harassment laws are changing and how a harassment charge can be used against you. Charges may include:
- Making threats — In writing, over the phone or in person
- Witness intimidation — Any form of threat or persuasion against someone giving testimony against you, or anyone else
- Stalking — In person or over the Internet, including texts and voicemail
- Terroristic threats — Any threat that makes a person concerned for his or her safety
- Harassment by communication — Including text messages, voicemail messages, emails or social media, as well as instances of minor physical contact
You May Be Unaware You Have Committed A Crime
Many people have no idea that what they are doing is illegal. Our attorneys sit down with you to discuss the accusations against you and listen to your side of the story. We will compare this with the evidence the police have against you and look for every plausible defense. Whether you said something in the heat of anger or you were unaware that the person accusing you of harassment was threatened by your behavior, we will do everything we can to mitigate the damage and obtain the best possible outcome.
While harassment may not seem like a serious charge, it is. Any conviction on your record can affect the rest of your life. It will show up on every background check conducted on your name. If you are convicted of any other crime in the future, it may make the potential sentence more severe. You owe it to yourself to protect your future.
Contact Our Berks County Lawyers Handling Cyberstalking Defense
Call us at 610-685-8000 or send us an email to schedule your free 30-minute initial consultation. We are here to help. We can meet with you in our office in Wyomissing, Lancaster or Lebanon, and we will visit you in jail if necessary.